PRESENTED BY AN INTERDISCIPLINARY PANEL:
- Moderator, Dr. John Conry, Clinical Prof. & Asst. Dean, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Dr. Meghan Clark, Assistant Professor, Theology and Religious Studies, St. John’s College
- Dr. Azzedine Layachi, Professor, Government and Politics, St. John’s College
- Mario Russell, Director of Catholic Charities New York’s Immigrant and Refugee Services Division
MONDAY, MARCH 20, 2017
Queens Campus, D’Angelo Center 207
Staten Island Campus, DaSilva Academic Center 208 (Video Conference)
Manhattan Campus, 101 Astor Place Concourse C07 (Video Conference)
The Faculty Writing Initiative, co-sponsored by WAC and the CTL, is sponsoring THREE events this week, all of them very timely for faculty writers. Please join us for one or more of them:
Faculty Writing Retreat, Oct 15, 2016 10:00am
Faculty Writing Collaboratively, Oct 17, 2016 1:50pm
Publish and Flourish, Wed, Oct 19, 2016 12:15pm
You are invited to the talk by TIME Deputy Photo Editor, Paul Moakley on “Photographic Documentation and Revolutionary Ideas” on Thursday, September 29 at 5 PM at the University’s Dr. M. T. Geoffrey Yeh Art Gallery.
This event is one of a series of talks supplementing the ongoing exhibition “Mexico at the Hour of Combat: Sabino Osuna’s Photographies of the Mexican Revolution” co-organized by the Departments of Sociology & Anthropology, Art and Design, the Women and Gender Studies Program and the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
The exhibit runs until November 18.
There is a great deal going on at the university. Here are a few items of note:
- First, it’s time to consider those students who have already lagged behind the rest. The easiest and most effective way to deal with this issue is the Early Alert System. If you observe a student is experiencing academic difficulty or dealing with other problems, you can flag the student for early intervention. Access the Early Alert System through UIS and click the “Faculty Services” tab, then click the “Detail Roster with Photo” button. If you are on MySJU, use the “UIS” tab. If you need immediate contact, call the University Freshman Center at 718-990-5858.
- Ambassador Riva Ganguly Das, Consul General of India will be speaking on September 12 at 1:50 pm on the Queens campus.
- Carla Peterson, author of Black Gotham: A Family History of African Americans in Nineteenth-Century New York City, will speak on September 15 at 7:30 pm on the Staten Island Campus.
- Accent Modification Training is available at reasonable rates for employees from the St. John’s Speech and Hearing Center.