If you are interested in moving your AS-L project into research, the Office of Academic Service-Learning (AS-L) and the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) are pleased to announce this new certificate program, which will provide you some assistance with the process. After attending the workshops you will be provided with the following:
- Guidance in the research process as to next steps
- How to apply for an IRB and what type of IRB is necessary
- Share research methods
- Proofread assessment tools and provide feedback
- Based on the depth and width of the research project recommend project to the FRC
Once you have attended all 4 sessions, you will be presented with a certificate of completion.
Session #1: What does community based research look like?
Monday, September 19th – Queens; St. Augustine Hall, Room B3 (Common Hour)
Thursday, September 22nd – Staten Island; Kelleher Center, Kiernan Suite (Common Hour)
- Define community partnerships
- How to begin a community partnership
- Role of AS-L in development of community partnership
- How does it connect with my course?
- Queens: Briarwood Family Shelter
- SI: Lifestyles for the Disabled
To register for either session or for additional information please contact:
Lynn Stravino, Director of AS-L at firstname.lastname@example.org.