Information Technology has invested in a number of technology tools that can enhance your teaching. All these tools are freely available to SJU faculty, and there are workshops given for those that are starred.
- *Blackboard is course management software, with a great deal of support available.
- *Office 365 provides access to online versions of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as cloud storage.
- *Panopto allows you to produce videos either before class or during a class.
- *WebEx makes it easy to have meetings with students and colleagues, either one-on-one or in groups.
- *Poll Everywhere promotes student engagement through audience response.
- *VoiceThread allows comments on text, images, or videos.
- *Prezi is an interesting way to create presentations.
- *Doceri is an interactive whiteboard app for the iPad.
- *Respondus provides security for online exams.
- Lynda.com provides a large suite of online courses for learning a variety of software and other useful tools.
- Turnitin is software that allows faculty members and students to check writing for improperly-cited material lifted from the Internet, books, periodical articles, and other student papers.
For more information, go to our SJU Tech Tools web page.